Friday, November 2, 2012

Nov release day 2


Hello and welcome to Day 2 of our November Digital Stamp Release Showcase! 

On Thursday (1st November) Whimsy Stamps released this month's new digital designs, From then until 4th November the Whimsy Digital DT and Special Guests are showcasing these fabulous new goodies with a daily mini blog hop and I am part of today’s hop! Each mini blog hop has a new release prize hidden somewhere along the way and you have 24hrs to enter each prize draw. To be entered into today's mini blog hop prize draw, be sure to leave a comment on ALL of the DT's posts listed below by 12.00PM EST tomorrow. All winners will be announced on the Whimsy blog on 5th November

 Glad to see that you have dropped back by for Day 2.
The creations made by the DT team have been very inspiring, alot of wonderful ideas.
I love looking at other peoples ideas it helps get the ideas going in your head. After looking I just  put the ideas into my memory bank. They stick in there somewhere then when I need a good idea they just kinda pop out. I can visualize the idea I want which helps, alot of people tell me that they can't see the idea in their mind. To me that's weird , I guess cause I can visualize exactly what I want.
The card below was an exception to that rule.
I colored the image with no particular card stock or patterned paper in mind, so when I went to put it together I had no paper with purple and orange pattern in it. Then I wasn't really sure that the colors actually went together. But I think I pulled it off, it turned out pretty good. I had to add the pink, cause the purple and orange together just didn't totally work. But I rather like this card, it's bright and cheerful. Everyone needs to get one of those kind of cards every once in a while don't you think.
 
This card is made with an image called Sisters from Dana's Digis from Whimsy Stamps I loved working with this image.
A close up of the colored image , colored with copic markers.
 
The flowers are from Whimsy and wild orchid.

 
Supplies: Sisters image, Film Strip sentiments and flowers from Whimsy, Spellbinder Ironwork Accents and circles, Flowers from Wild Orchid, miscellaneous metal embellishments, Martha Stewart branch punch, ribbon.
 
 

 To take a peek at today's fabulous new release creations, please click on the links below...

 

Day 2

 













Carly Wilson




Remember that the entire new release is available to buy right now from the Whimsy Stamps store along with all your Whimsy favourites. Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to pop back to the Whimsy blog tomorrow for more new release creations!
Thank you for stopping by again!
Stop by for more hopefully inspiring projects for you to be inspired by.
I have 1 more release card, hope to see you soon.

6 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful, I love it, great job friend, amazing, sure has that Wow factor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card!! I think your colors are fantastic together! And such a cute image to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your sisters card! The pink does add a nice touch!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card, love the flowers xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love all the bright colours, fab omage! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete